Saturday, 26 November 2011

Betty Harris - In the Saddle (1980)

Here's a Saturday morning treat for y'all! Forty minutes of fierce and funky R&B from the Queen of New Orleans Deep Soul. These songs are raw and heartfelt and Betty's incredible voice are perfectly complimented by Allen Toussaint's gritty production.


01 Ride Your Pony
02 Show It
03 What A Sad Feeling
04 Take Care Of Your Love
05 I'm Gonna Git Ya
06 Nearer To You
07 What'd I Do Wrong
08 Trouble With My Lover
09 Twelve Red Roses
10 I'm Evil Tonight
11 Cry To Me
12 I'll Be A Liar
13 There's A Break In The Road
14 All I Want Is You
15 I Can't Last Much Longer
16 Mean Man

Get it HERE.


ajnabi said...

beaucoups of thanks. Love her voice.

Mr Tear said...

Hi Ajnabi,
Her voice is just fantastic and I'm loving this album. There's not a bad track to be heard.

tim abdellah said...

Sweeeet! Merci!

Holly said...

LOVE this. Thank you!

Holly said...

However, do note that "All I Want is You" is Zilla Mayes' version, not Betty's!

Bill said...

Great music from a great looking woman. Thank you.